To My Boyfriend,
Let me tell you about this boy that I love oh so much!
We have grown a lot in this past year; as a couple and as individuals. We have stuck together through the best of times, the worst of times, new beginnings, tragedies, change, and success. You bring out the best in me. You opened my heart to realize what it is like to be treated like a princess. You opened my eyes to see how I should be treated by a boy. It is crazy how fast we have learned each other’s habits and pet peeves. We have come so far since day one. I have loved every adventure, every memory, and every day that we have spent together.
So, here is to you. Here are a few (maybe more than a few) reasons why I am thankful for you.
Thank you for...
1. Memorizing my Starbucks order. The spontaneous surprises when you come home with Starbucks are the best. Oh, and I can't forget the cute notes you always leave me on my cup! I am sure you never knew what a Venti Caramel Macchiato was until I came along, but I am glad you have it memorized by heart now.
2. Being my photo assistant. I really couldn’t have gotten through Christmas Mini Sessions without you, or any other photo session really. From all the moving of props, the building of props, and the painting, you were the perfect assistant.
3. Willingly taking lots of pictures with me. When we have taken 10+ photos a day and you are still willing to take more with me, this is when you amaze me and make me the happiest.
4. “Surviving” Auburn football games with me. I guess your excuse was that it was a free ticket to a football game, but I know I got a “War Eagle” out of you a couple times this season. Thanks for supporting my Tigers with me, babe.
5. For singing songs to me, especially Porch Swing Angel. Even though you may not have Charlie's voice, it melts my heart every time you sing Porch Swing Angel to me.
6. Being my workout partner. This is everything. Working out with my boyfriend has always been something I have dreamed of doing. Knowing that we can do this together proves our ambition to stay healthy and be fit.
7. Accepting my independence. I like my independence. I like doing things my way and in the time I want. You give me space when I need it and accept all the crazy things I have going on in life. These are all hard things to understand and cope with, but you are unbelievably understanding of all my ways of doing things, including all my crazy planning.
8. Pushing me to accomplish all my goals. I have a lot of goals in life and no matter what crazy idea I throw out there, you tell me I can do it. You tell me that you will stick with me through whatever and you will support me in anything I do.
9. Dreaming big with me. We both have huge dreams for our lives. I love that we dream together and talk about our future. I love when we dream all about the little things and the big things in life.
10. Allowing me to vent to you. This probably happens more than it should, but you never seem to be annoyed with my venting or complaining. You always listen and respond with an open heart and mind and give me wonderful advice that makes everything better.
11. All those back massages. I guess it is pretty cool that you are going to school to be a physical therapist because as we both know; my shoulder has some crazy problems. And even though I always promise to give you a back massage after you give me one and I never do, you continue to say "ok babe" and proceed to give me a massage knowing that you will probably never get one. So thank you for making my shoulder feel better.
12. Being a family man. From day one I knew that you loved your niece and nephew, and children for that matter, more than anything in this world. I then quickly learned how much you love your mom and your dad and the rest of your family. Now, you have grown to love mine just as your own and I absolutely love and admire this about you.
13. Protecting me. You make me feel safe, always. You comfort me.
14. Motivating me. You push me to be the best in everything I do. Whether it is working out, school, photography, etc., you always know just what to say to keep me motivated.
15. Caring for me. Until you, no boy has ever cared for me as you do. You show so much love and care on a daily basis. It is really the little things that speak the most. Like when you surprise me with flowers or honey to dip my quesadillas in.
16. Being my best friend. This is everything. You are most definitely my go to for anything and everything. Being your best friend has brought so much joy and laughter into my life and we have made so many amazing memories together.
17. Your ambition and drive to play football. You are so strong. You are so powerful. You are going to rock that football field. I cannot wait to be your biggest cheerleader and fan.
18. Encouraging me to start blogging. Let’s just face it, I would have never started down this crazy path of blogging if you wouldn’t have encouraged me and pushed me to do so.
19. Just being you. You are everything to me. I love you.
All of these 19 reasons are a short list of why I am thankful for you. My love and passion for you is simply indescribable and the happiness and laughter you bring to my life is beyond imagine. You still give me butterflies like we just started dating. When I stare into your eyes, I can see our future and your future and I know that God has what is best in store for us. I am excited to do life with you.
"The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love"
~ 1 John 4:8